Montowana na stelażu obudowa JBOD TL-D400S umożliwia tworzenie kopii zapasowych i rozbudowę systemu QNAP NAS, komputerów z systemem Windows® i Ubuntu® oraz serwerów. Model TL-D400S jest wyposażony w cztery 3,5-calowych wnęk na dyski SATA 6 Gb/s, a płytka konstrukcja obudowy jest idealna do instalacji modelu TL-D400S w kompaktowych szafach typu RACK lub w miejscach z dużą ilością okablowania. Model TL-D400S jest wyposażony w kartę QXP PCIe do podłączania obudowy przy użyciu kabla SFF-8088 (lub SFF-8644). Zapewnia niezawodną wydajność odczytu/zapisu, umożliwiając płynne działanie pamięci masowej i tworzenie kopii zapasowych.
TL-D400S JBOD storage enclosure allows you to back up and expand your QNAP NAS, Windows® and Ubuntu® computers and servers. The TL-D400S features four 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s drive bays and comes with a QXP PCIe card for connecting the enclosure using a SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) cable. It provides reliable read/write performance for smooth storage and backup tasks.
1. QNAP recommends following the standard procedure for connecting or disconnecting the TL-D400S. For more information, please see the TL-D400S user manual.
2. The TL-D400S can only be used as an individual storage pool or volume on the NAS. Its storage pool or volume cannot be combined into the connected NAS. NAS applications cannot be installed on the TL-D400S.
3. The TL-D400S only supports QNAP NAS running on QTS 4.4.2 (or above) or QTS hero operating system.
Lockable hard drive trays prevent accidental drive removal.
SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) connection cable supports four SATA 6Gb/s channels per cable (24Gb/s in total) and provides faster data transfer speeds than eSATA and USB.
Easy to use. QNAP NAS and PC can both use utility software to monitor, obtain, and manage JBOD information.
The TL SATA JBOD supports multi-lane SATA 6Gb/s transfer, and each SATA lane directly connects to a single SATA drive to help improve performance. With the 1-1 high-speed channel, the TL SATA JBOD delivers excellent transfer performance.
Note: The SFF ports and drive slots order: SFF port 1 to HDD slot 1-4, SFF port 2 to HDD slot 5-8, SFF port 3 to HDD slot 9-12, SFF port 4 to SDD slot 1-4 (TL-D1600S)
The TL-D400S provides software-controlled storage configuration for greater management flexibility. You can configure RAID and monitor JBOD enclosure and disk health with Storage & Snapshots when connected to a QTS or QTS hero NAS, or with the QNAP JBOD Manager utility when connected to a computer.
Use the Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QTS hero to configure the TL-D400S as a storage enclosure for your QNAP NAS. The NAS expansion storage mode supports various NAS functions, including storage pools and snapshots. With TL-D400S, you can easily expand storage capacity.
The QNAP JBOD Manager is a desktop utility for monitoring the TL-D400S on Windows® and Ubuntu® computers. You can quickly obtain disk statuses, JBOD information and health, view fan rotation speed, and check for firmware version updates.
You can connect your TL-D400S to Windows® and Ubuntu® computers through SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) high-speed cable and use built-in utility to manage RAID configuration.
1. QXP series PCIe cards do not support Mac Pro.
2. If there are any unexpected boot failures during QXP PCIe cards installation on the host, please check with the host manufacturing company for any new BIOS updates. Alternatively, you can try disabling the boot from the PCIe slot function or disable the external graphics card option.
The QNAP JBOD Manager is a desktop utility for monitoring the TL-D400S on Windows® and Ubuntu® computers. You can quickly obtain the disk statuses, JBOD information and health, view fan rotation speed, and check for firmware version updates. All device events are recorded, and will send desktop notifications when a system alert occurs.
1. You can set up new software RAID groups in [Windows Storage Spaces] in Windows 8 (or later versions).
2. Windows Server 2012 R2 (or later version) users can set up new software RAID groups in [Server Manager].
3. Ubuntu 18.04 users need to pass commands into [mdadm] to set up new software RAID groups.
4. Does not support macOS.
Install an exclusive QXP PCIe card onto your QNAP NAS, Windows® or Ubuntu® PC to connect the JBOD enclosure via SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) cable , for easy and flexible storage expansion.
1. The TL-D400S package includes one QXP-400eS-A1164 card (can be purchased additionally) and one 1M SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable.
2. A SATA JBOD storage enclosure can only connect to one NAS. Users can only use QNAP JBOD Manager to view statuses of devices and disks installed with QNAP expansion cards and JBODs. Users can only create single storage expansions when the QXP PCIe card is not connected to a TL SATA JBOD enclosure.
3. TL SATA JBOD storage enclosure can install different QXP PCIe cards. For example, one NAS can be matched with multiple QXP PCIe cards to connect to TL SATA JBOD storage enclosure or users can use one QXP-800eS to expand two TL-D400S (there are no quantity limits except for restrictions mentioned in the previous note).
4. Users of the TVS-871U-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, and x80 series NAS must update their BIOS to the minimum BIOS version. If not, unexpected boot failures might occur.
• For QXP-1600eS PCIe SATA card
• Support SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 6Gb/s
• Compatible with third-party SAS 6Gb/s JBOD products
Order number: CAB-SAS10M-8644-8088-D01
• For QXP-400eS-A1164 and QXP-800eS-A1164 PCIe SATA cards
• Support SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 6Gb/s
• Compatible with third-party SAS 6Gb/s JBOD products
*Order number: CAB-SAS10M-8088-D01
The TL-D400S meets many storage expansion requirements for the home and office. Below is a list of potential application scenarios:
The TL-D400S provides an alternative method for users to expand their NAS storage capacity. By connecting the TL-D400S to their NAS and using Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QTS hero, users can easily configure and manage their storage expansion. The TL-D400S supports a variety of QNAP NAS storage and file management functions, allowing users to build storage pools, finding files with Qsirch, and organizing files with Qfiling.
|Function||QNAP TL-D400S||QNAP TR-004||UX-500P||Other external RAID/ JBOD device|
|Connection Type||SATA||USB 3.2 Gen 1||USB 3.2 Gen 1||By device|
|Drive bays||4||4||5||By device|
|Supported systems||QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, Linux etc...||QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, Linux etc...||QNAP QTS/QTS hero||QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, Linux etc...|
|Disk health monitoring||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, inux)||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows)||Supported||Not Supported|
|Hardware RAID protection||Not Supported||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows)||Not Supported||Varies by device|
|Create Storage Pool||Supported |
|RAID migration, capacity expansion||Supported (QNAP QTS/QTS hero, Windows, Linux)||Not Supported||Supported||Varies by device|
1. The TL-D400S does not support QNAP NAS models that cannot be updated to QTS 4.4.2 (or later) and the following NAS models: TS-128, TS-228, TS-131, TS-231, TS-431, TS-431U.
2. Drives can only be migrated from one TL USB JBOD to another TL USB JBOD. Files and data stored on drives migrated to or from other JBOD devices will not be recognized.
You can use the TL-D400S to expand your NAS storage. You can select disks to create storage pools for expanding your NAS capacity, or you can treat each disk as an individual external storage space and use it as a removable drive for greater flexibility. Regardless of the mode you use, you can always use Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QTS hero to set up and manage your TL-D400S and use hard drive S.M.A.R.T. and Notification Center to check disk status anytime and anywhere.
You can use Storage & Snapshots Manager in QTS or QTS hero to configure the RAID storage pool for your TL-D400S and expand NAS capacity.
Note: The TL-D400S can only be used as an individual storage pool or volume on the NAS. Its storage pool or volume cannot be combined into the connected NAS. NAS applications cannot be installed on the TL-D400S.
You can treat each disk on your TL-D400S as an individual storage space and expand your NAS capacity. For example, it will show 8 independent external disks on an 8-bay NAS.
Note: The TL-D400S supports multiple disk formats, including NTFS (for Windows), HFS+ (for Mac), EXT4 (for Ubuntu or QNAP NAS), exFAT (for Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, and QNAP NAS) etc.
You can use your TL-D400S to expand the storage space of Windows® and Ubuntu® computers. You can set up the RAID configuration of your TL-D400S to further secure data protection. Moreover, you can also use the single disk mode and format with exFAT file system for more convenient access and sharing of files between Windows® and Ubuntu® computers.
1. The QNAP JBOD Manager supports Windows 8 (or later versions), Windows Server 2012 R2 (or later versions), Ubuntu 18.04 (or later versions).
2. Because Windows® and Ubuntu® operating systems are incompatible, the TL-D400S does not support cross-platform sharing after the RAID configuration setup.
You can obtain data protection by building a software RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 5 volume with native utility in your Windows® and Ubuntu® computers, and use the QNAP JBOD Manager to monitor the TL-D400S status information.
You can format hard drives with the exFAT file system while accessing and sharing files between Windows® and Ubuntu® computers.
Note: Your QNAP NAS can also use the exFAT file system by buying the exFAT driver license from QNAP Software Store.
You can install third-party hardware RAID cards on your TL-D400S for advanced hardware RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50, and RAID 60 protection and use Windows® utility software to manage your TL-D400S.
Note: The third-party hardware RAID card cannot be used simultaneously with QNAP JBOD manager and QXP series PCIe cards.
The TL-D400S features SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) connectivity and multiple SATA 6Gb/s bays. This provides better sequential read performance and faster data transfer speeds than existing USB and eSATA expansion enclosures, while also being a more economical option compared to a QNAP REXP SAS enclosure.
Tested in QNAP Labs. Figures may vary by environment.
JBOD model: TL-D400S
Volume type: Samsung SSD 860 Pro 512GB
NAS: TS-983XU, Intel Xeon E-2124 3.3GHz, 4GB RAM, QNAP QXP-400eS, QTS 4.4.2
Windows: Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7GHz, 16GB RAM, QNAP QXP-400eS, Windows 10 Pro
Ubuntu: Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7GHz, 16GB RAM, QNAP QXP-400eS, Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop
The TL-D400S is backed by a 2-year warranty at no additional costs. You can purchase a warranty extension that extends your warranty coverage up to 5 years.
|Drive Bay||4 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s|
|Audio Alert On/Off Switch|| |
|Host Interface||1 x SFF-8088|
|LED Indicators||HDD 1-4, Status, Link, Fan error|
|Weight (Net)||3.66 kg|
|Max. number of HDDs/SSDs supported||4 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s|
|Hard Drive Type||3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives |
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives
|Operating temperature||0 - 40 °C (32°F - 104°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5-95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C (80.6˚F)|
|Power Supply Unit||65W adapter, 100 - 240V|
|Power Consumption: Operating Mode, Typical||22.985 W |
With Seagate ST6000NM0024 fully polulated
|Fan Mode Switch|| |
|Fan||1 x 120mm, 12VDC|
|Sound Level||20.1 db(A)|
|Kensington Security Slot|| |
|Supported O.S.|| |
QNAP QTS / QTS hero, Windows, Linux
|QTS / QTS hero|| |
|Utility for other platform|| |
|Obszar zastosowań:||Jednostka rozszerzająca|
|Kieszenie na dyski:||4|